With an endless choice of special occasion dresses online and in stores, finding the perfect one for your body type can easily be overwhelming. Sydney’s Closet styling experts make the challenge less daunting. Just follow their easy fashion tips before you go shopping.
A-line’s Amazing Fit
This classic and graceful design takes its name from elegant style lines that narrow at the top, taper at the waist and flare gently into an A-shape skirt. Remember, A-line evening dresses always flatter every body shape, size, and type.
This figure-friendly silhouette:
● Minimizes hips and bottoms for pear-shaped figures.
● Accentuates your waistline, especially if you’re an Hourglass shape.
● Balance your proportions if you are a Triangle-shaped body.
● Creates curves to round out a straight figure (think Rectangle body)
Ball Gowns Grandeur
No other formal dress style says “fairy-tale” more than the romantic Ball Gown. Who can resist the irresistible look of a Princess when dressing up for an occasion as special as Prom, military ball, winter wedding or black tie event?
The tightly fitted bodice and nipped waist give way to a poofy full skirt lined with layers of crinoline.
The ball gown design:
● Flatters the well-proportioned Hourglass figure.
● Hides heavy hips on a pear-shaped body.
● Plays up your full bustline if you’re an Inverted Triangle shape
Fit tip: Shop for a ball gown with a lace-up corset back for an easier and more comfortable fit.
Mermaid Makes Waves
There’s something so sexy and mysterious about an evening gown designed in a Mermaid silhouette. Who can resist a form-fitting dress that hugs your bodice and hips then flares out at – or below – the knee into a fishtail.
The sleek Mermaid design features a glamorous red-carpet look that:
● Flatters tall, trim figures with even proportions that create an Hourglass body.
● Accentuates hips on a Pear-type figure
● Fits best if designed with a lace up back instead of a zipper closure.
Fitted Body-Con Dresses
Fitted Body-Con Dresses
Shopping for a special occasion dress that lets you show off your fabulous curves? Then opt for a fully fitted formal. We love this super sexy style that features a bodice and skirt that tightly hug the curves of your body on the top and the bottom of the design.
Tip: Smooth out your fabulous curves wearing a shaper under a fitted dress.
he popular Princess silhouette dress features long vertical seams that start at the shoulder and continue vertically down the skirt. These vertical panes create the shape of the dress by closely following the natural curves of your body. Unlike an A-line evening gown, a Princess silhouette avoids darts to create style lines and lacks a defined waistline.
A Princess formal dress has vertical seams that create a longer look